Announcements: August 19, 2017
Today’s Offering: Let us be good stewards of the time with which the Lord has entrusted us. In our busy schedules we desperately need to make room for staying aware of God’s Spirit. We need to hear His voice.
With school starting soon we are in need of nonmember worthy student funds. Please consider helping make it possible for these community children to attend our school. What an opportunity to share the love of Jesus with these young people!
1. Please Remember In Prayer: Susan Baity and baby Liam Roger & Judy Hervig, Sandy Schuh, Jim Simon, Jan Worthing, Yvonne McTaggart, Mike Kraemer, and our shut-in’s: Nancy Carter and Florence Mercer, our church school teachers, plus all our Bible study contacts.
2. Upcoming Meeting and Events for August:
21 – First day of school. Hurray!!
21 – School Board Meeting, 6:30 pm
21 – Church Board Meeting, 7:45 pm
4 – Elder’s Meeting, 7 pm
9 – Stephanie Dawn Concert, 7:00 pm with supper first at 5:30 pm.
18 – School Board Meeting, 6:30 pm
18 – Church Board Meeting, 7:45 pm
3. Attention Leaders & Volunteers!: If you have done the Shield the Vulnerable then you required to do The Advocates: Go to login at www.ncsrisk.org/Adventist then click on first time registrant, select Mid-America Union and Minnesota Conference to start the process. This is something the conference is asking us to do, it replaces Shield the Vulnerable. This needs to be completed by October 1st, or our insurance doubles. Thank you for being prompt in getting this done. Sandy Daniels.
4. Sabbath September 2 our church will be doing a church service at the WMSTR in Rollag at 2pm in the Downer Church. You will need to buy tickets to get in the gate. If you want tickets ahead of time give Jana Aakre the money and she will purchase them. Also there will be a campfire hotdog supper/vespers at the Aakre Farm at about 6pm. Please bring your lawn chair and a food item to share. All are welcome to come!
5. Church Leadership Summit: October 21 & 22, 2017. If you are involved with any church ministries, come to the Church Leadership Summit. Join us as we are encouraged and equipped to be better examples of Christ, and leave engaged in ministry in new and different ways. St.Cloud, MN. Save money and register early. See poster in the foyer.
6. Women’s Retreat 2017- Living Loved! In Jeremiah 31:3 God tells us, ‘I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.’ This year’s retreat will focus on God’s great love for us and how, when we understand and accept how He loves us, we can show that love to others, even those we do not agree with, even those we do not understand, even those who are outside our normal comfort zone. Come hear Wanda Davis, Florida Hospital Chaplain & commissioned minister talk about God’s love. The love of God can transform the world! The love of God in you can transform your life! For more information, including registration information and the link to our on-line registration form, visit http://www.mnsda.com/article/73/ministries/women-s-ministries. You can also contact Kristin Breiner, Women’s Ministries Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 952.201.7417.
Sabbath Rest – continues until 8:26 pm tonight. Next Sabbath’s welcome is at 8:15 pm.
Church Bulletin Information: Call/text or email Connie Thompson, 218-850-4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Turn your radio dial to KAWD at 88.1 FM to hear the good news of Jesus Christ!