Announcements: October 21, 2017
Today’s Offering: Let us cheerfully and willingly return God’s tithe and give our freewill offerings anticipating that the Lord will provide both spiritual and material increase. Let us focus on our giving and trust the Lord with our receiving.
1. Please Remember In Prayer: Karen & Larry Burgeson, Roger & Judy Hervig, Sandy Schuh, Jim Simon, Jan Worthing, Yvonne McTaggart, Mike Kraemer, and our shut-in’s: Nancy Carter and Florence Mercer, our church school teachers, plus all our Bible study contacts.
2. Upcoming Meeting and Events for October:
22 – Fall School Rummage/Bake Sale 8 am to 4 pm
28 – “Pale Horse Rider” Series during Worship Service.
27-29 – Women’s Retreat, Cragun’s Resort by Brainerd, MN
29 – ABC 2017 Fall Book/Food Run, 5:30-6:00 pm
4 & 11 – “Pale Horse Rider” Series during Worship Service.
6 – Elder’s Meeting, 7:00 pm
3. Fall School Rummage/Bake Sale: The school Fall Rummage/Bake sale will be October 20 & 22 from 8 am to 4 pm. Items can be brought in now for the sale. October 1 is the kick off for the sale. All help is welcome. Contact Sandy Daniels for more information.
4. New Project: Our school classroom and library are in need of new carpeting and, if possible, we would like to replace the classroom portion during the Christmas break. There are 16 students attending and your support of the school is greatly appreciated. Please mark your offering "Carpet". Thank-you so much!
5. Karen Burgeson’s sister passed away this week, please keep this family in your prayers.
6. ABC Fall Book/Food Run – October 29. To preorder call 1-877-700-1717 or email email@example.com. See the bulletin flyer for more information.
7. Women’s Retreat: October 27-29 at Cragun’s Resort near Brainerd, MN. Speaker will be Wanda Davis and the theme is Living Loved, based on Jeremiah 31:3. To register on-line go to https://craguns .formstack.com/forms/mwr17. Or to register by mail go to http://www.mnsda.com/article/73/ministries/women-s-ministries. This year we are partnering with a Sole Hope. You can learn more about the organization on their website, http://solehope.org. This organization makes shoes for children in Uganda by using old jeans cut into pieces and a local artisan to sew the pieces together and put a sole on them. Along with the jean pieces, Sole Hope needs a donation of $10 to pay the local artisan to put the shoes together. We are asking retreat attendees to please bring any old jeans you have, bring $10 or more, and spend time cutting out shoe pieces during the retreat (we will have a table set up in the back of the Center so at anytime during the weekend you can take a few minutes to cut). We will have available the scissors to cut out the patterns, the patterns, the directions. Thank you so much for considering helping out such a great organization!
Sabbath Rest – continues until 6:25 pm tonight. Next Sabbath’s welcome is at 6:15 pm.
Church Bulletin Information: Call/text or email Connie Thompson, 218-850-4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Turn your radio dial to KAWD at 88.1 FM to hear the good news of Jesus Christ!
…saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” Revelation 14:7